Subscribe our newsletter and receive immediately 10% discount for your next order!
Cannabis oil: purpose and extraction process explained
It is known as Cannabis Oil although it would be more accurate to call it CBD Oil. Why do we use it? It helps our organism and our mind to regain psychophysical well-being, relieving tensions and discomfort caused by different diseases and disorders.
For a true understanding of the intended purpose of CBD oil, we should start by clarifying the link between CBD and oil: so what is it exactly? CBD is a Cannabidiol, namely a compound extracted from the leaves of the female flowers of Cannabis Sativa, a very specific species of Cannabis. Since CBD interacts with the receptors of our nervous system at central and peripheral level, it provides many benefits to both body and mind.
Dolomiti BioHemp CBD hemp oil is a 100% organic and natural product extracted from our hemp plants grown in the heart of the Trentino Dolomites at over 1000 m.a.s.l.. All crops are free of THC, a CBD-like cannabinoid but with completely different side effects: THC triggers psychotropic effects, whereas CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid.
Our cannabis oil is produced using a non-thermal ultrasonic extraction process ensuring maximum yield and better oil quality than traditional extraction methods.
Therefore, Dolomiti BioHemp CBD oil preserves all the main cannabinoids present in hemp leaves, first and foremost CBD, the most beneficial substance. Moreover, since this product is THC-free, it is 100% safe and can be consumed by virtually everyone.
That is why CBD oil can be very useful as an adjunctive therapy in pharmacological treatments or as a natural product aimed at mitigating symptoms of serious and minor diseases. Since the use of CBD oil has been fully explained, let’s now focus on its beneficial effects.
The beneficial effects of the Dolomiti BioHemp CBD Oil
The beneficial effects of Dolomiti BioHemp CBD oil are many and include:
- Antioxidant properties: CBD oil counteracts the production of free radicals and enhances the immune system
- Muscle spasm reduction: Its spasmolytic action on the muscles can represent a very effective aid in case of gastro-intestinal diseases.
- Pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties: One of the main benefits of CBD oil results from its pain relieving property. CBD Oil can be beneficial in case of headache, lumbago, menstrual pain, osteoarticular or painful states from chronic or neurodegenerative diseases.
- Balancing effect on metabolism: Its high content especially of Omega 3, Omega 6 and proteins contributes to the maintenance of an optimal weight, the loss of extra pounds and appetite regulation. Given these benefits, hemp oil is therefore very effective in balancing body composition during slimming diets or in case of eating disorders.
- Reduction of triglycerides, cholesterol and blood glucose. It is therefore suitable, for example, for decreasing glycemic changes brought about by diabetes.
- Source of nutrients: CBD hemp oil is an excellent food supplement, rich in valuable essential fatty acids
- Improvement of neurological disorders: As recent studies have shown, CBD oil is also beneficial in the treatment of multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy and even Alzheimer’s disease
- Cardiovascular strengthening: CBD Oil can be used to prevent, even in elderly people, the risk of heart attacks and strokes
Given its countless beneficial effects, Dolomiti BioHemp CBD oil is therefore an excellent source of general wellbeing and can be applied in various fields: as a natural medication together with traditional pharmaceutical products, but also as a food supplement or even in cosmetics.
Its restorative and anti-inflammatory action, in fact, also targets facial blemishes. CBD hemp oil both regulates and minimizes sebum production, as well as acne. Therefore, it drastically boosts skin health.
The impressive benefits of CBD oil on body and mind
CBD oil provides immediate relief to our psychophysical condition by relaxing body and mind. Indeed, it possesses excellent relaxing properties that can reduce muscle tensions and contractures.
It is therefore excellent for a quick recovery in case of intense sports activity and muscular traumas or tensions. Besides, it helps digestive processes and soothes gastrointestinal disorders.
On the other hand, the soothing effects of CBD oil on the mind lead to many other beneficial effects as well. CBD oil is highly recommended for insomnia, disturbed sleep or alterations in the sleep-wake cycle. Yet, a better rest also boosts concentration and memory skills while relieving stress, agitation and anxiety.
Not to mention its effectiveness in curbing nervousness and balancing mood swings. That is why Cannabis CBD oil is great for treating depression, mood disorders, as well as memory disorders.
Long story short, only a few drops of cannabis oil a day can trigger a beneficial effect on your general well-being, improving your everyday life as well. The intake of our CBD oil is therefore extremely effective during challenging periods of work or study, but also in life stages characterized by altered hormone levels, such as menopause or at the beginning of the menstrual cycle.
In fact, cannabis oil is always a panacea: when tired or under mild stress, it is a great help in restoring a balanced psychophysical condition, whereas in quiet times it can preserve our well-being.
CBD oil: properties and different types
To put it in a nutshell, CDB oil properties can be summarized in four macro-categories:
- Boosting property: a more alert mind and a more energetic body
- Sleep regulation: better sleep quality and sleep-wake cycle
- Analgesic and anti-inflammatory property: relief of painful states and reduction of inflammatory processes
- Rebalancing property: regulation of metabolism and mood swings
This is why CBD oil is widely used, mainly in case of mild discomfort and disorders, which can be alleviated in a short time. However, in case of chronic and very serious pathologies, CBD oil is an important aid to alleviate the symptoms of such diseases, but it cannot be a definitive solution because hemp oil is not a medication.
In addition, a further point is worth mentioning: our selection of cannabis oils includes four variants with different CBD percentages between 5% and 20%.
To a higher percentage corresponds a greater concentration of pure CBD oil and enhanced properties. It goes without saying that a 20% CBD oil will be more effective than a 5% alternative. Nevertheless, this should not imply that the 20% CBD oil is necessarily preferable to a variant with lower CBD content. It very much depends on the individual needs and the dosage, since the latter should never be discretionary but rather follow specific instructions.
Olio CBD: proper dosage and use
Once again, we would like to point out that CBD oil is not a pharmaceutical drug. Yet it possesses specific properties and, above all, it has tangible effects. For maximum benefit, however, you should always follow the proper prescribed dosage: you shall not use CBD oil at your own discretion.
That’s why we always provide the proper dosage on all our products, based on three key parameters:
- User’s weight, ranging from a few kilos to over 110 kilos, i. e. in the case of overweight adults
- CBD percentage. The Dolomite BioHemp CBD oil range hence comprises four products: 5% CBD oil, 10% CBD oil, 15% CBD oil and 20% CBD oil.
- Level of pain: mild, moderate or severe
For instance, in 10 % CBD oil, the appropriate dosage usually ranges from a minimum of 4.5 mg/day (for users<10 kg suffering from a minor condition) to a maximum of 45 mg/day (for users>110 kg suffering from a severe condition). In the case of a 20 % concentration, however, it is advisable to reduce the dosage of CBD oil, especially at the beginning. In fact, it is best to start with a lower dosage, especially in the case of high CBD concentration, in order to be able to assess how the body responds to the product.
If you have a serious, chronic disease, you should always seek advice from a qualified healthcare professional. CBD oil should be used as an adjunctive therapy to medical treatment and never as an alternative. Moreover, you should contact your doctor to confirm that CBD oil is compatible with any medication you are currently taking.
CBD Oil: contraindications and side effects
The contraindications of CBD hemp oil are minimal and potential side effects can be easily resolved.
In the first place, our CBD oil does not contain THC and is therefore not likely to cause euphoria or other psychoactive reactions. It is also non-toxic and is well tolerated by most people except by a very few hypersensitive individuals.
Therefore, in some cases you may experience mild side effects. If CBD oil is indeed able to relieve several conditions, it may not be indicated for the opposite disorders.
For example, since CBD can reduce blood pressure, it is recommended for hypertensive people, but not for people suffering from hypotension.
The most common side effects associated with the use of CBD oil are:
- Dry mouth, addressed by rehydration with fluids
- Fatigue due to excessive relaxation
- Dizziness, due to excessive lowering of blood pressure
- Diarrhea, affecting more sensitive individuals
If you experience any of these symptoms, you should stop or reduce the consumption of CBD oil, although in most cases such effects usually subside within a short time.
However, to avoid potential side effects, you should always stick to the recommended doses and seek medical advice if you suffer from a particular medical condition.