Subscribe our newsletter and receive immediately 10% discount for your next order!
Hemp skincare products
Hemp-based skincare products
Hemp is known as the plant of a thousand uses, and that is very much the case. It is employed practically everywhere, from food to textiles, from industry to the field. However, here is one branch where you can really get outstanding results: skincare. Hemp is in fact one of the basic ingredients of many skincare and hair products.
Its beneficial properties are a genuine blessing for the health and beauty of our skin, ensuring the best performance, both in terms of product formulation and application.
Also Dolomiti BioHemp‘s hemp-based skincare products harness the great benefits of cannabis.
They are rich in nutrients that regenerate the skin and boast excellent soothing properties, also acting as antioxidants.
All these properties are largely due to two substances derived from cannabis and used in our hemp-based skincare products:
- The hemp oil extracted from the plant seeds &
- CBD, acronym of Cannabidiol, a metabolite present in hemp, with many positive effects for our body.
These two fine ingredients are extracted from our hemp plantations, which are organically grown in the heart of the Trentino Dolomites. Our Green House does indeed advocate for a natural approach and skincare. No toxic substances are used in the production of our hemp, and our extraction and processing activities are eco-friendly.
Besides, we use a THC-free variant, namely the Cannabis Sativa. As prescribed by law, Dolomiti BioHemp skincare products do not contain tetrahydrocannabinol, a cannabinoid present in hemp, which, however, unlike CBD, triggers psychotropic effects.
This leads to products that are eco-friendly, organic and free of hazardous substances.
Hemp oil: your natural skincare ally
The basic ingredient in hemp-based skincare products is hemp oil, a pure extract rich in valuable nutrients including:
- Gamma Linoleic Acid, a fatty acid that can help reduce inflammation
- Trace elements that address physiological disorders and contribute to the proper development of the body
- Polyunsaturated fats, in particular Omega 6 and Omega 3, contained in hemp oil in the optimal proportion, 3:1, i. e. the ideal value for our body and skin.
- essential amino acids, essential for the production of hormones and vitamins, as well as for the immune system
- mineral salts such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium
- vitamins, especially A, B1 and B2, PP and E.
Thanks to all these properties, skincare products with hemp oil can give elasticity to the skin, which becomes firmer and healthier after only a few applications. Moreover, it restructures cell membranes and moisturizes even the driest skin.
Hemp oil has intrinsic characteristics that make it particularly suitable for the production of skincare creams and related products. Given the fact that it is very fluid, the application of hemp oil-based products is very easy. On top of that, when you apply hemp oil to your skin, it absorbs extremely quickly so you will not experience that annoying greasy feeling.
Cosmetic properties of hemp and its immense benefits
What are the effects of hemp oil? Its cosmetic properties are many and not only in terms of aesthetics, since it is a great antioxidant, soothing and regenerating agent.
Hemp in general and hemp oil in particular are highly regarded because:
- They have anti-inflammatory properties: CBD and other substances present in hemp are excellent for fighting skin infections. Therefore, they are great assets in the treatment of dermatitis, acne, eczema and other skin disorders.
- They perform an anti-aging function: hemp seed oil with cosmetic properties has the immense power to counteract the action of free radicals, responsible for cellular aging. A regular application of the product therefore makes our skin younger and more elastic.
- They are excellent antiviral and antibacterial agents: they fight, for example, furuncles or skin abscesses and not only do they reduce infection, but they also have an important soothing action.
- They are particularly suitable for sensitive skins: if you suffer from very delicate, dry, chapped or easily reddened skin, you will find great benefit from hemp seed oil-based products. Hemp-based creams, ointments and salves nourish the skin by performing a valuable moisturizing function.
- Hemp-based haircare products are also effective for the health of the hair and scalp, as they nourish dry and brittle hair. They fortify the hair, making it softer and healthier; in the case of irritated skin, they significantly alleviate discomfort.